Iran-aligned Houthis claim they attacked oil refinery in Saudi Arabia
Drone strike comes after Riyadh signs defence pact and Tehran issues tough demands to reopen strait of Hormuz Yemen’s Tehran-aligned Houthis have claimed responsibility for an attack on a refinery in Saudi Arabia, two days after the kingdom signed a defence pact with Turkey and Pakistan in response to growing regional instability caused by the US-Israel war on Iran. The attack early on Sunday came after Iran said tough new demands would have to be met before it would reopen the strait of Hormuz , and after the United Arab Emirates said one of its ships had been targeted by an Iranian missile, as a deal to open the waterway remained out of reach. Continue reading...